Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about your lemonade stand? Check here first to see if we've got an answer for you!
How do i put together my lemonade stand?
Use your creativity when planning out your lemonade stand! Remember, you can take pictures of your stand and apply for the "Coolest Lemonade Stand" which awards a Nintendo Switch! But, here are some basic ideas to help anybody get started...
- Use a small table to be able to put your lemonade, cups, napkins, and donation jar on.
- A chair would be a good idea so you can sit in-between visitors
- Put some flyers up around the neighborhood. You can download and create your own HERE >
- Print out information on The Colton Underwood Legacy Foundation so that when visitors ask what you're raising money for you can show them.
- Make your lemonade! You can select what kind to make, but everything from mix-in packets to fresh-squeezed is great.
- Set up, and start collecting donations!
- Don't forget to take a picture and apply for the Coolest Lemonade Stand!
Supplies suggested :
- Pitcher or jar for dispensing / pouring lemonade
- Lemonade packets (or you can make it from scratch)
- Spoon for stirring
- Napkins / Towels (in case of spills)
- Table & Chair
- Jar or box for collecting donations
How do I tell people about my lemonade stand?
We have put together a blank poster-style page where you can write your name, address, prices or any other information about your lemonade stand to hand out to neighbors or friends to help you get the word out. You can download and print it using the link here.
Fundraising Ideas to get the word out :
- Print and Handout / Hang Signs
- Email your friends and family.
- Share about your lemonade stand on your social media or ask your parents / guardians to do so.
- Be sure to include a link to your personalized fundraising web page so that people can donate right away!
How can I collect donations?
People can donate directly to your own personalized Lemonade For Legacy webpage! They don't even need to buy lemonade... they can just support you with a donation.
Visitors to your lemonade stand can pay by check and then you can send in those checks to us. All checks simply need to be made out to The Colton Underwood Legacy Foundation.
People can pay in cash for their lemonade. All we ask is that a parent or adult help combine the total cash donations and either send in a check or make a single credit card transaction for that amount on your website. They then are repaid by keeping the cash.
Where do I (or those who want to donate) send checks?
You can send checks to:
The Colton Underwood Legacy Foundation
1232 Independence Court
Washington, IL 61571
I'm participating in my classroom's team, but could I also win the other prizes?
YES! Your donations can go to support your team but when you sign up you'll also be creating your own account so that people donate to your team through YOU. Also, anyone can apply for the Coolest Lemonade Stand!
I'm a teacher who wants to get my class to participate, how do I do that?
Awesome! We have a special form just for you to handout to your students or prospective team-members. Visit the Fundraising Tools page HERE to do that.
Have a different question that isn't answered here?
You can ask using the form below and we'll try to quickly get back to you.